March 21, 2018: “Why Europe Matters, Youth Speak Up” conference at European Committee of the Regions in Brussels was designed to foster the dialogue between young Europeans, policy-makers and business representatives.
Why Europe Matters...
- Why Europe Matters is a campaign based on a combination of innovation workshops and a survey exploring young Europeans’ views about Europe and the EU, their education and employment, and their hopes and expectations for the future.
- The online survey was taken by more than 4500 young people aged 16 to 25 from 31 countries
- A dedicated team of researchers from the Eastern Norwegian Research Institute analysed the inputs and draw conclusions from them.
- The work is funded by the ‘Why Europe Matters’ consortium for which JA Europe and the European Round Table of Industrialists act as the secretariat
- In conjunction with the survey, nine national JA organisations in Europe will host a series of innovation workshops to shed light on what matters to European youth.
- On March 21, 2018, the “Why Europe Matters: Youth Speak Up” conference gathered 34 young people from across Europe to engage in a dialogue with policy-makers and business representatives.
Paul Bulcke, Chairman, Nestlé
Lilyana Pavlova, Minister for the Bulgarian Presidency of the Council of the EU
Christian Klein, Member of the Executive Board of SAP SE, Chief Operating Officer