This event aims to bring young people closer to the decision makers to exchange ideas on Why Europe Matters and its future.
From each national workshop, the ideas and suggestions of Why Europe Matters will be brought forward in the final innovation workshop in Brussels. The results of the Why Europe Matters survey will also be presented. The Brussels workshop will involve volunteers from participating ERT companies, and is planned to take place in the Schuman area with the final ideas presented to policymakers (e.g. MEPs, European Commission, European Council) and ERT Members or their representatives as a starting point for a dialogue between them.
Four participants from each national workshop will bring all the ideas to a final summarizing workshop in Brussels. The workshop in Brussels will be in English, and the representatives must be comfortable using English. Based on knowledge and content developed in all workshops, the Brussels workshop will be a “channel” for all young participants towards decision makers at the European and national level.
- 36 young people representing the 9 national workshops
- Members of European Parliament from each nine countries
- Top-level EU representatives. Invitation to Antonio Tajani, President of the European Parliament and Jean-Claude Juncker, President of European Commission
- Top level representatives from the European Council Invitation to Donald Tusk, President of European Council
- Current and next presidency of EU. Invitation to the prime minister of Estonia and Bulgaria
- CEOs and volunteers from ERT member companies