March 21, 2018: “Why Europe Matters, Youth Speak Up” conference at European Committee of the Regions in Brussels was designed to foster the dialogue between young Europeans, policy-makers and business representatives.
Why Europe Matters...
- Why Europe Matters is a campaign based on a combination of innovation workshops and a survey exploring young Europeans’ views about Europe and the EU, their education and employment, and their hopes and expectations for the future.
- The online survey was taken by more than 4500 young people aged 16 to 25 from 31 countries
- A dedicated team of researchers from the Eastern Norwegian Research Institute analysed the inputs and draw conclusions from them.
- The work is funded by the ‘Why Europe Matters’ consortium for which JA Europe and the European Round Table of Industrialists act as the secretariat
- In conjunction with the survey, nine national JA organisations in Europe will host a series of innovation workshops to shed light on what matters to European youth.
- On March 21, 2018, the “Why Europe Matters: Youth Speak Up” conference gathered 34 young people from across Europe to engage in a dialogue with policy-makers and business representatives.
Lilyana Pavlova, Minister for the Bulgarian Presidency of the Council of the EU
Christian Klein, Member of the Executive Board of SAP SE, Chief Operating Officer